We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

connected to the internet but no access

hwally

Likes # 0

I'm connected to the internet with a bullet M2 and when I connect directly I have internet access. When I connect my linksys 160n router and plug in my computer I show a connection but can't access the internet. I can ping the bullet and my computer from the router and get a response. I've also borrower a wrt54g router from a friend and have the same problem, The bullet is in bridge mode. My computer is running xp pro.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Firstly, is the computer getting its correct IP address from the Router? If it is, go into the Router's configuration pages and check in the "Status" page whether the Router has got its WAN IP address from the ISP.

Like this post
hwally

Likes # 0

Can you tell me how to check if the computer is getting it's correct address from the router. Secondly I can access the status page but am not sure how to check if the router has got it's wan ip from the isp. Thank you for your time and response

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If you are able to access the router's Status page, then the PC must have a correct IP address from the router. On the Status page, you should see a WAN IP Address, which is the Wide Area Network or Internet address that the ISP has allocated. Post back with that address.

Like this post
hwally

Likes # 0

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

As that's a Local Area Network (LAN) address, not an Internet address, is that actually the address the router gets from the "Bullet M2" as its WAN (internet) address?

Like this post
hwally

Likes # 0

I;ll need to know how to check to see what address the bullet is giving to the router. The address of the bullet is 192.168.1.102. Thank you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...