We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Opera Farce

igk

Likes # 0

I thought I would try Opera again after a few years using Firefox,Downloaded and installed it and after a day or so found that for me it was a bit too complicated layout so I uninstalled and got rid of the bits that it left behind and now I have just seen that every image/photo on my computer now says TYPE:OPERA IMAGE when the mouse arrow is hovered over them !!! I have no idea what the hell that is all about !!

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

Right click on one of the images and select the program you want to use to open the images.

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

Sorry I should have said Right click on an image and choose 'open with',

then select the program you want to open the file.

Like this post
igk

Likes # 0

Ton, Thanks but I know what to do,There is no option in that drop down list that says Opera obviously, just my usual programmes to open/edit photos/images it is just so annoying that Opera has done this for some strange reason Iv'e just put this up on Opera's forum and there are a hell of a lot of complaints regarding faults with this once great software ( I used it all the time many years ago)

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of bits.

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

It's not a fault.

Most programs do this, or give you an option.

As long as you know how to change it, it's not a problem.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There are 2 threads about this. Both state how to reallocate the file extensions. Regrettably this is one of the snags with Opera. I recently uninstalled it too. No need to use Revo to restore the file allocation.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Woolwell - so how do you restore the file allocation?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Snrub - It depends a bit on the OS but right click open with works with most.

In Vista and W7 then its under default programs and associate a file type and you can then scroll for the file extension and allocate the program that you want to open it with.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...