We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Opera Farce

igk

Likes # 0

I thought I would try Opera again after a few years using Firefox,Downloaded and installed it and after a day or so found that for me it was a bit too complicated layout so I uninstalled and got rid of the bits that it left behind and now I have just seen that every image/photo on my computer now says TYPE:OPERA IMAGE when the mouse arrow is hovered over them !!! I have no idea what the hell that is all about !!

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Opera took over as the default program for opening .jpg (and possibly other graphics format) files. You don't say which version of Windows you're using, but right click a photo and select "Open with" then, instead of selecting from the list, click "Choose Program". Select the correct graphics application and tick the box "always use this program to open this type of file" - the actual wording varies depending on the version of Windows.

If you simply select a program from the list instead of "Choose program", you won't get the box to set it as the program that should always be used.

Like this post
igk

Likes # 0

MGMCC, Thanks for the info I will do as you suggest, my os is Vista but I know what you mean, it will probably take a couple of years to get rid of the Opera thing as I have a lot of Photos/images. Thanks..

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

i am confused now as there appears to be more than one post on the same subject? please advise which is correct?

johnnyrocker

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

See your other thread - For Vista the quick way (and the way I did it) was like this File extension allocation and allocate jpg and png to the correct program.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014