We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Real Problems, Computer Quirks from Indonesia

Ankermi

Likes # 0

Hi, a year ago you kindly sorted out major problems for daughter. She seems to have major problems this time so its easier to post what she has written. To me it seems to indicate the computer needs a thorough clean up or buy a new one but over to you. Or maybe the main battery needs replacing. I must say to be fair is that the laptop has travelled extensively to places you and I will never go to but it is an essential piece of kit for the sort of work being done.

"Computer quirks - sometimes all the text on the screen gets jumbled up - it all superimposes itself on itself. Or on outlook express - there are just a few of the words which appear and the others have gone somewhere. Then you close down the computer and open it again and it works.

yesterday when it was doing this - it said that there was not enough system space or something though to me it looks like there is loads of memory on the hard drive so have no idea. Then I tried to copy files over from the laptop to my mobile hard drive and it wouldn't let me as it said lack of system space.

The mouse pad and the buttons have died completely on the keyboard - I now need to use an actual mouse for it..

And I don't know what I'm supposed to do with Java - does it do whatever it's supposed to do without having to press any buttons?"

Sorry its a long missive - any help gratefully received.

Like this post
Ankermi

Likes # 0

Many thanks again Woodchip.

Have made a note of what you say there will be a delay due to her location.

Will leave this link open and revert once I have made contact.

I am very grateful to you for your help.

Ankermi

Like this post
ronalddonald

Likes # 0

Go to CNET and download Advanced System Care 4 the free software and run it and see what it says.

Like this post
ronalddonald

Likes # 0

link text

run this

Like this post
Ankermi

Likes # 0

Woodchip

Following received today

"FN F9, great, touchpad etc working once more.

Defrag seems to have speeded up boot

Text seems to be sorted, no jumbling.

Only problem is copying across to external hard drive will not allow it.

Hope to nurse laptop along 3 more weeks till back to semi civilisation.

Big thanks to PC Advisor"

So Woodchip thank you once more for your excellent help. PCA certainly helps people in remote parts of the World.

T H A N K Y O U

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Glad I could assist

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more