We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Monitor Resolution

shaduf

Likes # 0

I took delivery of a new Benq EW2430 24" Monitor yesterday. Today I connected it up and started to evaluate it. The first thing I noticed was that the display does not fill the available space within the screen bezel. The stated maximum and correct resolution of the monitor is 1920 x 1080 and that is what it is set at. The actual image size is 19.25" x 10.75" giving a diagonal of 22". The size to the inside edge of the bezel is 21" x 12" which gives a diagonal of 24". Is there something I should be doing to enlarge the actual picture. At the moment I have a 22" monitor and not the 24" I expected. Is there something needs to be adjusted at the graphices card?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Click Here for an explanation on how to set up a 24 inch screen with a Radeon Graphics Card.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If the resolution setting is correctly configured at 1920 x 1080, does the monitor itself have controls with which you can "stretch" the image both vertically and horizontally to fit the full screen area?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I had a similar problem with a friends PC, I solved it by adjusting the scaling. As you do not mention your graphics card maker my problem was with an ATI card [Scaling ATI 1 Nvidia you will need to google.

Like this post
shaduf

Likes # 0

Sorry to have been a little while have been struggling to get anywhere but have now solved the problem. I was using an HDMI lead as I believed that to be the right way to go. I swapped it for a DVI lead and Bingo. When I started up again the monitor said it was self adjusting and the screen filled completely. I checked the resolution and as I expected it had set itself to 1920 x 1080 which it says (of course) that is the recommended resolution. Switched off everything and restarted and straight back into a full screen.

I'm not sure why a DVI lead works and not an HDMI, I thought they were the same thing in practice. No problem though except for the thicker lead.

Thanks to all for your help and interest.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014