We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do i?

forme
Resolved

Likes # 0

how do i install software on laptop?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

The same way you would with any PC. Download it to your PC, remember it downloads to. Click on the file and follow the instructions it gives you. When installing, it will ask if you want a Desktop Icon say yes. This will save you having to delve into your C: drive looking for it.

Also and most importantly, when it is installing you must stay alert for many software downloads these days try to slide unwanted addon's past you. Like for instance toolbars. Make sure you read everything and untick the boxes of anything you don't want.

Like this post  
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Oops

"remember it downloads to"

This should read: remember where it downloads to

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Oops

"remember it downloads to"

This should read: remember where it downloads to

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Sorry for the double Oop's, I wasn't trying to labour the point.

But there is something you should ALWAYS before making any changes to your PC. Set up a 'System Restore Point'. Then if anything goes wrong you can revert your PC back to how it was before. Not all habits are bad and this one Is a habit well worth getting into.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...