We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I transfer an audobook to the itunes library?

sheila.weston
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have downloaded a *.wma audiofile from my locaL library onto my Vista laptop. It is now in my /media folder. How do I transfer it to the itunes folder? I have tried various copy and paste methods, but it does not show up when I open itunes. If I try to import it (using 'add folder to library', when itunes is open I am told that it needs converting to the AAC format - but it needs the wma format to work. I want to eventually transfer it to my ipod, as I caan't download it directly into the ipod for some reason.

Any other suggestions?

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Sorry about the typing errors!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

It will be a DRM protected file see here for how to get on your ipod

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

No, I don't think it is as I have got a book onto the ipod the other week, but can' remember what I did differently!! I have the necessary overdrive files on my pc - the download just goes to the wrong place - I am sure that it went into the itunes folder before.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

HAve a read here

Like this post  
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Brilliant! Very many thanks, Fruitbat. With your help I have cracked it. I thought that I had to get the file into itunes, somehow, and hadn't looked at it in Overdrive. I used the 'transfer' tab in Overdrive and it seems to have worked - took 1.5 hours to transfer eight parts. It doesn't show up atall in itunes on the pc, but that is no problem. Along the way I was told to 'adjust the AAC import settings', but I ignored that and it seems to work quite OK. perhaps that is more important for music. Thanks again.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

1.5 HOURS! read this

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Thanks, again. You have given me/us a lot to follow up!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days