We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't get into tesco net mail at all today, is it just me?

Debe
Resolved

Likes # 0

Having posted that tesco mail was slowing down last week, I have opened a new e-mail account this week but can't get into tesco at all to start moving stuff over ! Does anybody else have the same problem?

Like this post
steve.w

Likes # 0

A different and more worrying response from the "helpline" today. The server failure was described as "catastrophic"! They haven't even finished restoring e-mail service to all customers on the new server yet. Only then will they start restoring pre-meltdown missing messages. So five days now sounds optimistic. Apparently they are at last going to send a circular e-mail to all customers explaining the situation. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm asking for a subscription refund.

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

I am still missing all my saved messages and everything pre this Monday. I have opened a Yahoo account and hope they are more reliable. This evening I can't even open Tesco webmail, so I don't know if it is down again today?

Like this post
sammy3

Likes # 0

I received an email from a service I use saying emails have been bouncing back since june 30th. it's impossible to know who has been trying to contact you. All my addresses disappeared. Support do not respond. How can they be this bad!

Like this post
steve.w

Likes # 0

Webmail has been closing down about 9 p.m. every evening, presumably so they can work on the server. "Support" don't respond to e-mail queries (there's a surprise!!) but we've managed to get through to the phone "helpline" on three occasions - pity they've given us three different stories.

Like this post
Jayembee954

Likes # 0

Have tried now for two weeks to get an answer. 3 recorded messages and eventually got through to one of their 'Customer Service Agents' Who being bored and moronic, advised that I should spend my time and money contacting people I have bought services from - Groupon, KGB Deals Premier Inn, Edinburgh Military Tatoo, to retrieve my confirmation of purchases ! ( I did inform them that I needed some of my confirmations within the next week) I am paying these people £18.50 a month for the benefit! Tesco use a web based system -piggybacking on Virgin Media, therefore, they could retrieve lost mails and address books within 48 hours - something stinks ! When I told her I would be considering using another ISP, the reaction was a yawn - then the line went dead ! Tick here if you would like to

Like this post
Jayembee954

Likes # 0

P.S. - I mailed them over a week ago threatening legal action due to lost services & compensation - still no response

Like this post
Sooz SilverTree

Likes # 0

Well, here we are two weeks later, I for one am STILL having problems. It seemed to have recovered for a few days there but now I'm nearly back to square one again, the page goes into endless download without getting anywhere and I have to repeatedly refresh it or click 'Inbox' (or something else) until eventually it 'takes' and loads ok.

On looking up the Service Status it's still showing problems with the webmail. I'm beginning to despair. I would call customer service if anyone else who's tried that had had any useful kind of response, but it doesn't seem their customer service is up to much! :(

Like this post
steve.w

Likes # 0

We actually got a personal call from Tesconet people last night (Bank Hol!!)saying all was now fixed and apologising for the long disruption. The service status on the website is now green. We have at last got all our inbox back including new emails from late July and loads of duplicates of things we'd already opened.We did experience the same problems with downloading for a temporary period but now (touch wood!) it looks like normal service has resumed. So just remains to discuss a months refund with the nice people at customer service!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers