We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't get into tesco net mail at all today, is it just me?

Debe
Resolved

Likes # 0

Having posted that tesco mail was slowing down last week, I have opened a new e-mail account this week but can't get into tesco at all to start moving stuff over ! Does anybody else have the same problem?

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

Just found this on tesco so have answered my own question! E-mail status Below is a description of the service status of the E-mail service.

Serious fault or a service is down.

Title Date/Time Details E Mail and Webmail 01/08/11 @ 12:16 Tesco Internet customers may be experiencing intermittent problems accessing their E Mail. Please accept our apologies and retry accessing later, as the fault causing these issues is currently under investigation. Customers may also be seeing a delay in receiving some mails sent since Monday 01/08. Tesco Internet apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Like this post  
Debe

Likes # 0

just got into my mailbox and EVERYTHING has gone it is empty!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Debe - you may find that all will return to normal when Tesco get it sorted out.

Like this post
steve.w

Likes # 0

Like Debe I've just got my Tesconet webmail back but have lost all the contents of my inbox, address book etc. I hope Nothumbria61 is right!

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

I can't see how we are going to get it all back, if it is back up and running now, I am absolutely gutted! I have been trying for days to forward or save items from my mailbox but it just wouldn't do anything, now it is empty :(

Like this post
steve.w

Likes # 0

Actually spoke to someone at Tesconet who knew what was going on and they confirmed that all "lost" data would eventually be restored, but it might take a few days. The reason it's not there now is that they've moved the service to a new server in order to get up and running again.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

steve.w - "confirmed that all "lost" data would eventually be restored"

This is exactly what I was trying to say when I posted yesterday (12.53pm) If they were having problems with their Server or moving it as you describe then it would be "backed-up" (several times I would imagine) somewhere and just a matter of time before restoring things to normal.

Like this post
Sooz SilverTree

Likes # 0

I haven't lost any of my data, messages etc, but it is still not working for me (on a super go-slow, and often returning an error message) and also Windows Mail will now no longer download my emails from tesco.net, it says the server has terminated the connection? There is not a word about this on the Tesco.net page, no apology, no explanantion, nothing. You'd never know we were paying customers :(

Like this post
steve.w

Likes # 0

Yep, the information for customers is hopeless. My last contact with the "helpline" said it could take up to five days to restore all the missing messages. I've resorted to sending a "to be signed for" letter to Tesco CEO Philip Clarke pointing out that their reputation is being dragged down by their incompetent broadband service operator (Virgin I think!)

Like this post
Sooz SilverTree

Likes # 0

Five days eh? That's a laugh, this has been going on now for over a fortnight already! My mail seems to be working better today, EXCEPT some emails are still not arriving in my inbox - I made a PayPal payment this morning and still have not had the confirmation email (6pm), usually it arrives instantly. Some emails have taken several days to arrive and three (that I know about) have never materialised at all. I doubt they count as 'missing data' as I suspect that refers to items previously received that have disappeared from email folders. I really wish Tesco.net would post some information. I am going to ask for a refund of this month's subscription payment as I only pay it for the email/webmail service, I no longer use the ISP service as I use BT for that now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback