We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't get rid of my previous Epson printer's software

Likes # 0

My Epson printer CX3200 developed a fault earlier this year and was not repairable. I got rid of it and also uninstalled (I thought) its associated software.it is no longer listed in Control Panel.

I have bought a new printer(HP photosmart Wireless all in one B110) but although I thought the Epson was disabled on my computer (Windows 7) it keeps reappearing and prevents the new printer from working properly.

When I asked Epson for help they wanted to charge me £21!

can anybody help me please.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

See if it is listed in CCleaner's uninstall agent (Tools) OR Right-Click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Then find your printer, click on it, then hit delete OR go into Devices & Printers, make your HP Printer the default and delete any other listed there.

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

In what way is your new printer "not working properly"? I've just replaced my Epson with an HP B110, and the only problem I had was installing the HP sofware. In the end I had to download their installation software off their web site, for the installation CD provided with the printer kept hanging before it could finish. In fact, when I ran the program off the internet I realised that the installation CD was missing out the step where it tells you to plug the USB cable into the printer, so couldn't progress to completion because the printer remained unplugged.

After installing my HP and testing it, I then uninstalled my Epson by deleting it as described by northumbria61.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I believe the problem is solved. We discovered that there was a file that had been sent to the Epsom printer for printing but never printed. Although the printer no longer existed i.e. it had been removed, or was thought to have been removed, from the computer some part of its software remained no doubt hoping to print the one remaining file.

Once that had been identified and removed we believe the problem has been solved. Final testing in the morning. Many thanks to those who replied.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more