We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Noisy

cgh

Likes # 0

On cd playback the noise sounds like a fan constantly running.

I use vista home premium

Have tried to reslove with windows fix,google etc

Any ideas please

CGH

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If the noise if coming from the cd drive, it could be that the drive is about to go belly-up.

If coming from the computer, perhaps a good physical clean-up may be required, due to possible overheating and cooling fan(s) being made to work overtime.

Like this post
silver78

Likes # 1

If the noise stops when you eject the CD I suspect its the CD drive itself that's noisy. It could be the CD that's unbalanced or warped. Try a different CD to prove the point.

Like this post
cgh

Likes # 0

Thank you for the replies.

I have cleaned the area around the fan as good as I can without taking the case off.

On further investigation it would appear that it is only some cd's when played are noisy.....

Thanks

CGH

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Probably be a good idea also, to run a CD Laser/Drive Cleaning Disc a couple of times.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...