We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

my pc keeps turning itself off

micky1432
Resolved

Likes # 0

i have a desk top pc that when you turn it on within a few minutes it turns it self off i have unpluged every thing hdd and dvd etc checked the power supply with a tester all ok any surgestions would be oppreciated

• Tags:
  • pc
Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

It could be overheating due to dust and debris built up inside. Open it up and carefully clean it out paying particular attention to the fan to make sur it is running freely.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Make sure the memory sticks are pressed in firmly or if you have 2 sticks remove one and see if it makes any difference.Then take that one out and replace it with the other just to make sure the memory is not faulty.

I would agree with Rawprawn but as you have been inside the computer you would have noticed if it needed cleaned or not.

Just had to clean the inside of my daughters computer for the same reason computer would reboot itself.

Like this post
micky1432

Likes # 0

I have now stripped it down the bare minimum ( Cpu + Fan and PSU ) I have even Cleared CMOS. it turns on for about 30 seconds on average then turns back off. Please Help

Like this post  
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

1. overheat - try cleaning CPU fan and heatsink and clean and replace thermal paste

2. PSU faulty try a substitute PSU

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote