We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

my Hp laptop 15.6'' 320g 3g ram

fredmc08

Likes # 0

can any body help i am new to laptops? i am connected to a cable wi-fi and i have a belkin wirerless router so i am coverd around the home so what do i need to buy to get internet access any ware i have a 34 express card slot i was told by the people i bought it off? so what is the best way to get on the internet with a usb wireless stick. or a express card or don't i need anything hope you can help i have been trying to out for over four days now i don't no if it is the way i was asking the qestion or what thanks mr fred mcdonald

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Goto Control Panel\System and Security\System and tell us what ext HP model it is.

Or look on the label underneath (Don't drop it!)

I suspect a widescreen HP will already have wireless, just needs turning on.

Advice will be more accurate with Model Number.

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

The wireless key on my HP laptop is the F12 key (it also has an antennae symbol on it)and only requires to be pressed on its own and not in conjunction with any other key.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

If you mean when you are away from th home then you will need a 3G dongle from one of the mobile phone networks.

Something like this

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

On my HP Laptop its a button that changes to Blue when switched on

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Forgot to say about one and a quarter inches to the left of start button

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 1

fredmc08 said that it is connected to wireless router so it is covered around the house!!!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Sounds like he means he wants a Mobil Dongle like T Mobil or 3

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone