We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless Tip

woodchip
Resolved

Likes # 0

Try this just found it while looking in Task Manager.

If you are running Wireless and you can try it with wired connection, Start Task Manager. Look For Dot1XCfg.

if it's there and running, rename it to Dot1XCfg.exeold. then stop ir running in Task Manager.

Check to see if it speeds up you browser loading PCA pages

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I cannot believe the difference doing the above and removing ZCfgSvc from MSCONIG as made to the browsing speed I am now getting

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I don't have either of them.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's for wireless and from what I have read I am not sure about disabling it as it may provide additional security.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you do disable it then you use Windows Wireless Zero Configuration instead. I have in the past found this to provide a more stable wireless connection than using the software with a Belkin dongle.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Not in my Task Manager

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

No it looks like its part of the Intel Pro Wireless Configuration for HP Laptop. though it was running Very Fast I had to reEnable it, for it to start Wireless up after being in Sleep Mode as it would not start without it

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July