We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

streaming videos

ciba

Likes # 0

Hi I keep getting the following message when I try to download. "This file does not a have a programme associated with it for performing this action.Please install a programme if one is already installed create an association in the default control panel" Im new to computing so I don't have a clue where to begin.

Many thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What video format are you trying to download and what video player are you using to play it.

Formats = mpg avi

players = windows media player, Real [layer, Quick time,

I suspect that what you require is something called a codec so your video player recognises the kind of file you are trying to download.

Klite codec pack (click on the blue link) will have what you need and includes a player

VLC is a player that will play almost every type of video file.

Like this post
ciba

Likes # 0

many thanks for your quick reply. I will check it out. kind regards

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers