We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new laptop purchase advise needed?

stormrider123

Likes # 0

Hi i want to purchase a new laptop. i want to do some video edititng in sony vegas and after effects on it and slight gaming prob battlefield bad company.

ive got a budget of £600-£650 and i can stretch a little further if i have to?

so which laptop should i get?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

For video editing you need a good fast processor, Intel i5 or better, plenty of RAM - at least 4Gb, a big hard drive - 500Gb if you can get it, and the best graphics that you can afford. Few laptops come with Firewire nowadays (sometimes called iLink or IEEE1394) but that helps if importing from a camera into Sony Vegas. If you cannot get a laptop with Firewire then try for one with an Express slot so that you can add a Firewire card.

The Toshiba Tecra range is good, or the Sony Vaio, while Samsung have been making some well specified and reasonably priced models lately.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

link text Intel i5

link text Intel i7

Compare the specs.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room