We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Excel 2007: Changing units

m800afc

Likes # 0

Hello all,

I am trying to set up a worksheet using Excel 2007 and Windows 7. I want to replicate a frequently used pre-printed form, so I can print the results into the boxes of the form. The form is pre-printed and I only have the document on paper. I intend to put the form into my printer and then print the excel sheet directly into the original. I am starting a new sheet, and I am not using a template.

When I try to change the units, or anything else for that matter, (Excel Options Advanced) I get a dialog box stating:

"The server drafts location you entered for offline editing is not valid or you do not have permission to access that location. Specify a location on your local computer."

I have no idea what this means or what to do about it. I am the administrator on the computer, which is not on a server or local network.

How may I solve this problem?

Cheers

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Can you not Scan the Form and save it as, say a Word Document, which will accept simple Formulae or use OCR Software to turn it into a Spread Sheet

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is your problem solved by the answer here link text

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In 2007 it is under Options - save . In my Excel 2007 I have the box save checked out files ticked and the location is sharepoint drafts and I don't have a snag.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...