We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with wmp 12

isititis

Likes # 0

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion running Win 7 with 2 gb of memory. Win 7 is an upgrade from XP. The problem I'm having with wmp 12 is, I have titles of songs that will not delete using the right click delete function. There are no files for wmp 12 to play or burn, as these have been deleted from the hard drive once put onto an audio cd. Anyone out there with suggestions as to how to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

There is a fix to re-set WMP 12 to default. Means you lose all your lists you've created but you can start again. If you wish to re-set to default then type msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic in the start search bar. Selact the msdt.exe in the list and a window opens to reset WMP. Select the 'next' tab select 'apply this fix' then click on 'close the troubleshooter' ignoring if it shows further problems.

Like this post
isititis

Likes # 0

rdave13. Thank you for your response. When msdt.exe etc is typed in the search bar, there was a problem in that the message >An error occurred while loading the troubleshooter< I didn't expect that there should have been a space after the 'd'. This is not a criticizm so much as a pointer for anyone who has the same experience as me.

In wmp settings, I have tried clicking the 'next' tab and apply this fix to no avail. Again, in wmp settings in an attempt to resolve the issue, I clicked 'Advanced' and ended up with 'Configuration settings may be set incorrectly'. The problem still exists. Anything else I can try?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015