We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

spywareblaster not opening

jolorna
Resolved

Likes # 0

spywareblaster stopped opening yesterday using xp home sp3,using MSE, Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, have done full scans with all, also a scan with hitman pro, & have also uninstalled & tried many times to reinstall spywareblaster even tried to google the problem but nothing

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if you could download it to your computer with out running it and Then download it in safe mode.Reboot and see if it will update.

I had a couple of problems with Spywareblaster on this computer.

When in All programs and going up to windows update it kept sticking on Spywareblaster and showing the folder as empty but that onlylasted for about 10 seconds then it would continue.

I have updated it since so that may have been the problem.

Like this post
jolorna

Likes # 0

buteman the spywareblaster folder is ok i have even tried opening it from there the program was updated abot 4 days back & shows up to date but will just not show itself on screen whenj i try to open it the disk light flashes as though its loading ok

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I can only think remove it completely using Revo uninstaller on setting 4. Run c cleaner reboot and try uninstalling it again.

Or try right clicking it properties and make sure it is set to Normal Window just in case it is set to minimised.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I should have said try installing again and not uninstalling.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Try downloading SAS again a fresh copy and re-install. There were probs with Win 7 64 bit:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4065709/super-anti-spyware-not-working-with-w7/

Like this post
jolorna

Likes # 0

buteman & Zak sorry to be late getting back to you both, but have tried all your suggestions but still no luck

Like this post
jolorna

Likes # 0

buteman & Zak just to say after a few more tries it has come back again, not sure how or why, but thanks for your help, will tick resoved

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?