We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How can i get Windows Experience Num for W/7 64Bit on a Vista pc

woody

Likes # 0

I know how to get the num for my vista pc (5.9) What i would like to know is what would the num be if i loaded win 7 onto the vista pc? Is there any way to check? I know the pc is compatible - i ran the beta trial.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Control Panel - Performance Information & Tools.

However the Windows Experience Index assesses "key system components" on a scale of 1.0 to 7.9 - I don't think changing the operating system would change the figures you already have.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

That's an interesting question and you might want to read this In practise of course it makes no difference what the WEI is, it's only a benchmark number decided by Microsoft. If you change from Vista to Win 7 you may find that some components will perform better and some worse depending on how the drivers perform. 5.9 was the max possible score from WEI in Vista, The Win7 max is 7.9

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Northumbria - it does change the num which is why i want to compare a num of pc,s without actualy loading a lot of os/software.

Thanks for the other sites chaps the item with both OS,s on one pc showed what i was hoping for but without loading the 2nd OS.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

The number is absolute rubbish, use a proper benchmarking software if you really want to know how fast various components perform.

Take your pick: Benchmark.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......