We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

file sending programme - yoursendit (154mb) file

pcdimwit
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I have made a winrar zipped file which is 154mb in size, I want to send it to someone and I was under the impression that the yousendit.com programme gave a free file sending allowance of 2gb per day. however if I try to send this WinRar file of 154mb it wont allow it and asks for an upgrade to the paid subscritption - my question is: is there a programme (free) which will send a WinRar zipped folder of 154mb size for free?? it is only high resllution fotoes that I want to send in their original size (albeit zipped into the folder to make them smaller) as the recipient needs the very large 2.1mb each photo to work on them. Thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

compare-plans

Storage = 2GB

Maximum File Size = 50MB

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Try www.mediafire.com Click here

Free Account,

What size files can I upload? Free users can upload files up to 200MB in size

Like this post
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

Hi, Lazarus the 2nd, thanks alot for that, I am a dunce after all!! I didnt realise that yousendit had a STORAGE of 2gb and only 50mb per file sending limit, I thought the 2gb was the daily sending allowance. Have tried the other one and made a folder of the photos seperately, it doesnt let you send a complete zipped folder (I dont have an authentic copy of the microsoft programme that allows you to send the Winrar zipped files in an email on this computer) so thanks for that link to the Mediafire prog. seems to be pretty good for files bigger than 50mb, it would have taken FOREVER to send all the 2.1mg photos seperately in emails. PCDIMWIT

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers