We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Want to buy a gaming laptop, please help.

Ripebear

Likes # 0

Right basically the situation is I need a gaming laptop that will run the new MMO The Old republic on max settings with a smooth frame rate.

Windows 7 OS.

http://www.swtor.com/preorder

System requirements at bottom of page, thats minimum but I want to run on max of course.

My budget is 500-800 maximum, I simple want to play this on max and maybe a few other games but nothing too demanding.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Start here - Chillblast is a reputable firm. link text

Like this post
Ripebear

Likes # 0

I had a look on there earlier. I made a post about a PC but decided I'm going to get a laptop instead.

But I could only find one laptop on there worth 3150 pounds..

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I don't think you are going to get a "gaming laptop", for that low. At least not a laptop good enough to call a gaming laptop - others may disagree. My personal opinion is that you can/will get a lot more for your money (spec.wise) with a desktop than a laptop.

I will continue to look around for you but in the meantime maybe someone else may be able to offer further advice.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I often use the PCA reviews to guide me with purchases. The latest September issue praises the Medion Erazer X6811. I quote "The nVidia GeForce GTX 460M is a meaty graphics processor........it takes gaming at healthy resolutions in its stride."

I speak from no personal experience and the price tag, about £800, is at your top end price, but it is worth a look.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

A bit over your budget but worth looking at link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......