We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free Music programs for listening from an ipod

sheila.weston
Resolved

Likes # 0

I was hoping that I could get onto the spotify website from my new ipod, to listen to free music online, as I can do from my laptop. Alas it seems to want me to download an app or program which will cost me something. The free option doesn't appear to be available.

Is there an alternative program that I could use?

I have bought the ipod chiefly for borrowing audiobooks from the local library, but am exploring the other capabilities.

Any help much appreciated.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Is this any good for your needs ? link text

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Search through itunes. Is it the ipod touch? - if so see Spotify

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

I don't think that winamp is what I want. But I am completely out of my depth here.

Yes, Woolwell, I have spent some time going through the various help files on spotify, but when I eventually found the download page for the app it had just the TWO options which were both PAID, which implies that the free version is for the pc only.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

According to my itunes store it is a free app. If you open my link and click on view in itunes then it should be ok. It should then transfer to your ipod.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Spotify free is a bit naff now you only get 5 plays each track for free unless o fcourse you record it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...