We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

connecting ipad2

valskin

Likes # 0

Usually I'm not this dense, but have downloaded itunes as instructed on my new ipad 2 to start it off but nothing happens, instructions on a silly little card. Frustrated!

Like this post
FatboySlim71

Likes # 0

Try downloading from the below link.

You need to choose whether its for:

iTunes 10.4 for Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7

Or

iTunes 10.4 for Windows (64-bit)

iTunes

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

ITunes takes an age to load on my windows 7 machine, are you being a little impatient? It really does take a long time.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Connect ipad by usb with the cable supplied. Start itunes - wait. Windows should load driver automatically. itunes will then recognise ipad and ask for registration, etc.

itunes load quite quickly on my Vista machine but the ipad recognition can take a while.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

With me, iTunes loads very quickly and my iPad is recognised within 5 seconds of plugging in.

Like this post
valskin

Likes # 0

I have discovered that I have to open an itunes account. OK, so did that except they wanted to know my area. all I had was American states, England wasn't one of them! But will plod on!

Like this post
valskin

Likes # 0

To add on I have been trying to download itunes a/c on "support.apple.com/kb/ht2731" but they want country region, wont accept England, also they want state/province but only american ones, is there another easier straightforward sight I can get an a/c opened? It would be brilliant if I could use my new ipad!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I didn't have any of your snags. Download iTunes from UK Site. You must have an apple account.

Like this post
valskin

Likes # 0

Thank you to everyone who helped me out, it was and is a great help!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I gather you managed to get ipad2 talking to iTunes.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK