We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Forums view on best web browser

Snrub

Likes # 0

I have exclusively used IE9 since it first came out but have an issue with not displaying my online banking website properly leaving most of the functions unuseable. I have tried with Firefox and all working perfectly. What do forum members think is the best browser?

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Rawprawn Yes I tried this last night and got same result. I contacted Trusteer by e-mail and they confirmed they are working on this but were unable to say when it would be resolved. So have same solution as rdave13, IE9 for main use and Firefox for banking with Rapport functioning in browser.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Snrub. As I said I use IE9 and now Chrome, Rapport works no problem in IE9 so I will use that when needed. There should be some way of stopping Chrome Auto Updating, but I have't found it so far.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Snrub

I got Trusteer working on IE9 via this link

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

rdave3 yes I have Rapport working in IE9 but it's my banking website that only partially functions correctly. Can get a balance but unable to download statements etc. Firefox works perfectly, infact I am starting to use Firefox it seems pretty good.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Snrub - With IE9 I have exactly the same problem with my credit card site in that I can view the site, look at my transactions but cannot download the statements. Works fine with Firefox.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Strange. I can use all my Banking facilities , credit card account, and download PDFs of statments using IE9. Wonder if there's a setting in IE that needs changing? I use PDF X-change viewer as my reader.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Maybe a problem with Adobe Reader and IE9 then.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Think with my banking website and IE9 the problem is more fundamental with only part of the features appearing correctly on-screen as though there is some sort of compatibility issue? As a side issue I have noticed however Adobe X no longer will open my previously saved Adobe PDF files.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you tried the site in compatibility view?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have with mine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings