We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

netbook & usb dvd drive

sunnystaines
Resolved

Likes # 0

got a samsung netbook windows 7 starter edition

thinking of a external dvd so wife can view dvd films, and i can backup to dvd rw.

was thinking of a samsung dvd player.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/components/opticaldrives/externaldvdwriters/SE-S084CTSBS.html#sp2

anyone recomend a usb dvd player for a netbook or got this i have linked too.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I bought one as soon as I got my Samsung but cannot remember the make. Will have look when I go upstairs and post it. mine is a Slime type such as goes in normal Laptop but in a thin case. Was cheap from a Computer Fair at Sheffield Don Valley Stadium It does Dual layer DVDs does them all. it will work without extra power

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woodchip is there a problem with w7 starter playing dvd films in media player getting mixed feedback

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

No Idea, cannot see why you should have problems. Other than if used on netbook for films. Its the Processing Power that may be the Problem. Its a case of try, also it may vary Netbook to Netbook

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

This is the One I bought for my Netbook

Click Hear

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Copy this and Paste to you Browser Address Bar then press enter

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cnm-ultra-slim-line-portable-external-dvd-rw-drive-02553194-pdt.html

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woodchip thankyou

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i have been told w7 starter has no dvd codecs, which is amazing why did microsoft leave them outI thought that went out with xp.

been told to get vlc or k-lite with Media Player Classic Home Cinema. would either of these two do the job any advice on them please or have i been given moody advice by sales staff.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

This works well (I'm told).

here

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You can download Codecs for nothing and there are plenty of Free Players. like Flash Player etc

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Players Click Hear

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED