We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPad Problem

Condom

Likes # 0

My new iPad2 will not switch off or do anything. On the screen all I have is a tiny clock like thing spinning round and it has been doing this for hours. Anyone any idea what is happening?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try pressing the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time for at least 10 secs until the apple logo appears. This resets the ipad.

Alternatively press and hold the sleep/wake button until the red slider appears on the screen then power it down.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ps try second method first.

And before the reset try press and hold the sleep/wake button until the red slider appears then press and hold the home button until the hung app quits.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Next time you are in Shrewsbury I owe you a large one. It seems to be 100% again but her indoors was in an absolute panic as she has been getting it ready for her long trip overseas and before she tried powering it down all her contacts, e.mails etc appeared to have vanished. Yesterday she spent hours downloading a huge update for the iPad and I thought that might have caused it. Anyway Woolwell thanks again and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which worked? I'm still fairly new to the ipad myself.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

The second one did the trick

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014