We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Just My view

woodchip
Resolved

Likes # 0

Looks to me like PCA is going same way as banks etc, but help seems to have gone down the drain not as many helpers also problems have become not just PC but an abundance of questions on other subjects, I am guilty of posting some as a last resort. Is it me or as any one else seen what's happening? this includes answers from FE

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hi, I have noticed the same, so it is not just you!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Maybe my imagination but I don't think there are so many questions as before. Some of the regular helpers seem to have gone.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Lot of helpers gone missing, some new ones appeared, perhaps just name changes?

Not sure what you mean by going same way as banks etc are we closing branches?

:0)

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

I haven't been on here much lately either... reasons... could go into detail but simpler to say the sites just not very nice to use.

FE take note please.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

It's an interesting point that woodchip raises about the type of questions that are being raised and yet a quick browse of some of the different forum sections shows that there are a number of questions that have been asked that have received no answer. For example just a few minutes ago I counted on the front page of the Helproom 4 questions, no answers; Absolute beginners 3; Windows 7 3; Networking 3; Consumerwatch 2 and Vista 1. Perhaps these were once answered by our missing helpers?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Actually a lot of questions are getting views but no answers. Are the questions getting more obscure and/or the experts who can answer then not so readily available.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

My point about Banks was just a illustration, in other words though they have been bailed out, they have not changed nothing and now its countries that seem to be the next thing as well as USA on the Slide big time. Could PCA be going the same way

May be I should have posted into Speakers Corner

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Oddly enough only yesterday I remarked to my wife that there is quite some time between posts. It used to be that if a question was posted that replies would be received - perhaps not immediately, but fairly soon after the original posting and indeed some of the contributors that one has been used to seeing do not seem to be so much in evidence. Could this be down in some peculiar way to the change of the layout?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It seems there may be a link, I think more that we have had the slow ups and having to keep pressing Refresh and all the hiccups. As I nearly called it a day a few days back

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

I posted a question about tabs in IE8. Quite a few views but no suggestions. I solved the problem before any suggestion was offered.

No were neer the amnmount of helpers has their used to be but the newer versions of windows are nearly bullet proof. You will also get the, perenial answer of, it is holiday time for children so many posters will be away.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED