We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

slow to start

pitcairn

Likes # 0

I have noticed that the download icon seems to be permantly showing. When i shut down i use the icon and leave it to download and switch off. However when i switch on again the icon is still there. Could this also be causing other problems on the computer? I am running vista.

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

download icon for what?

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

As Devil Fish asks, what icon are you talking about ? Whhat is it what does it look like etc...

Like this post
pitcairn

Likes # 0

Its on the shut down button and is apparently to download updates from microsoft. It will download the updates and then switch the computer off. It does this but is still there next time computer is switched on.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Click on the icon and see if it shows that there are some downloads ready for installing. You might have the downloads ready to install, but have been set for you to check first, then install manually?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen