We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New SAS install problem

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

My free Superantispyware offered an update to v 4.56.1000 . This is , apparently needed so as to be ready for v5.0 due soon. Whenn I tried the auto update, it seemed not to work, so I downloaded to a saved location the new version and attempted to uninstall the old one. (I have W7 64 bit) The uninstall failed. I then solved it by uninstalling the old version in safe mode and then the new version installed ok. Just wondered if others found it easier?I did try Revo at one stage but it could not find SAS!

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Have found that it will never do the update from the toolbar, alwas have to strt the program then do the update from the menu

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i always update sas by install a fresh new version over the old, updating versions within sas has caused me problems in the past.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Kevscar, sunnystaines Thanks, the update was "offered" via toolbar but in future I will watch carefully and probably uninstall before v 5.0. Have you installed v 4.56.1000?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

john i was update a new sas but downloading from majorgeeks or filehippo

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Win 7 home premium and always update via the pop-up. That's the pro version.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

john bunyan

although I have the Pro version I always download any update seperately. I had the same problem as yourself and tried to uninstall but it just came up with an error. I installed the new version on top of the old one, then uninstalled. Having cleared the decks, I then installed the new version. I think there was an inherent fault in the previous version.

Like this post  
john bunyan

Likes # 0

rawprawn. Thanks I think you are right. I "solved" it in a different way by uninstalling in safe mode then installing the new version. I do like SAS as it sometimes finds adaware tracking cookies better than MBAM. Will tick as resolved.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

More problems, but today uninstalled older version and reinstalled a much improved new free version 5.0.1108 (free) which seems so far to have solved my access problems with the recent updates.(I have W7 Ultimate 64 bit)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK