We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fresh Install-Now no 'Search', no Services....what now?

bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi, After a recent fresh install and download of audio drivers i notice that when i go to Start-Search, no Search appears? Just the dog wagging his tail but nowhere to type in any info? Also, when i go to services, none appear, it just seems to hang... Any ideas at all please?

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi again Fruit Bat, I am trying to install Ati rs400 but get the mesage that the Framework (or something like that) isn't installed so i download it, try to install it and get the following message:

Setup has not found .NET Framework on your system. Please ensure .NET Framework is installed before using ATI Catalyst Control Center. If you have an internet connection, either get .NET from Microsoft Windows Update or click here to be redirected to the Microsoft site where it is available for download. Restart Catalyst Control Center install program once you have installed .NET

Then 'An error occurred while windows installer was initializing. Setup will now close'

What on earth can i do now please?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi again Fruit Bat (Oh NOOO i hear you shout) Ok, i now only have 3 yellow question marks and they are: Multimedia devices PCI Modem SM Bus controller

For the 'SM Bus controller', i followed your link and it has SM Bus cotroller but nothing to download in that box? Please could you help a lost soul?

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Ps- i downloaded, run (and restarted afterwards) the 'Display and multimedia driver' for XP and the yellow question mark still remains too?

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi, can anyone help me please?

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi again Fruit Bat (Oh NOOO i hear you shout) Ok, i now only have 3 yellow question marks and they are: Multimedia devices PCI Modem SM Bus controller

For the 'SM Bus controller', i followed your link and it has SM Bus cotroller but nothing to download in that box? Please could you help a lost soul?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi, thank you (unbelievably) once again. I have done that but i cannot find anything to download on that page- i hover my mouse over the SATA RAID bit but nothing happens?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!! Thank you so much!! Now i only have two left: Multimedia devices and PCI Modem

Please could i trouble you for a bit of help obtaining these?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...