We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fresh Install-Now no 'Search', no Services....what now?

bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi, After a recent fresh install and download of audio drivers i notice that when i go to Start-Search, no Search appears? Just the dog wagging his tail but nowhere to type in any info? Also, when i go to services, none appear, it just seems to hang... Any ideas at all please?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not got a clue.But I would imagine you should be able to delete the old one.

Best waiting for someone to give you the proper procedure for doing it.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Use EasyBCD.

-x-x-x- Select Backup first, just in case. If you need to restore the backup, cut and paste the path to the empty field. -x-x-x-

Select 'Edit Boot Menu'. Left click the lower XP to select it(if that is the old one that you don't want).

Click Delete button Top Right. Save Settings and quit.

Belt and braces, run EasyBCD again and just check it all looks good. If you misclicked anything, can cause boot problems obviously.

Reboot when happy.

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi, thank you so much for that, i will do that later today. New problem- Everytime i boot up, when the desktop appears (and sometimes when the blue 'Welcome' screen appears) i get a grey box with the message 'Windows no disc, Exception Processing message c000000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c'..... what can i do to stop this please?

The only things i have downloaded are ccleaner, spybot, superantispyware, defraggler, avast and the sound drivers from the official Pacard bell website and yet spybot found threats when scanned?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

c000000013 usually happens due to a faulty piece of hardware or incoreect drivers for some hardware.

Check for errors in device manager.

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi again, ok i have downloaded and installed the appropriate audio drivers but now in Device manager i have 4 yellow question marks under 'Other devices', they are: Multimedia controller Pci modem sm bus controller video controller (vga compatible)

Please may i ask where on earth i get these drivers from?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Remind us of make and model of machine

Use SIW to identify all components in the machine

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

No problem: Packard Bell, Product name: imedia 1559, Version: pb34316701, serial number: 119629440309

The motherboard name is NEC computers internation Model- GA-8TRC410M-NF

Any more info needed?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

All your drivers are here

you need the chipset drivers

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Oh Fruit Bat, i know i must annoy you with all this but i ran the Intelchipset7001019.exe and then the P4M800Pro_Chipset.exe and STILL i get that message when i reboot and still the questiom marks remain...what can i do please? I feel frustrated!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You should not be installing two sets of chipset drivers

How old is your machine what op system XP?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...