We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No sky news??

Housten

Likes # 1

Good morning, Just a quick enquiry! On my desktop and on my wife’s laptop we use MS Gadgets. I find them quite useful, sad I know but there you are. I use time, temperature and sky news, as I find that their ‘Breaking News’ is very up-to-date and worth keeping an eye on. However for the fourth day now it has been off stating that “there is a problem with the connection. Please try later”. Well, obviously, I have been doing so, but no luck so far and I am just wondering if anyone else has also found that sky news is not working as I would like to know. Any thoughts or information from anyone would be most gratefully received.

Like this post
JefUK

Likes # 0

I, and many others, are having the same problem. There must be something wrong with the feed, because there have been been no Windows updates during that period. On one of my PC's (Vista 64) it stopped working about 5 days ago, but on another PC (Win7 32 bit) it continues to work!?

I have reported it to Sky News, but they don't seem interested. However, there is no clear help link on the Sky News website.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

JefUK

Good afternoon! I am not sure whether it is good news or bad news that someone else is having problems, BUT it is very good news to get another to post a reply.

I doubt whether sky news will be interested as they are only - it would appear to me anyway - concerned with their own problems and have, I should imagine, been a bit pre-occupied of late as to who would be taking them over. They may be but I am not holding my breath, and you may think I am being too cynical - but after what we have had from sky I think I have the right - after all what is the "yuman rights" law for - to be cynical. Anyway I wish you the best of luck getting the feed back!!!

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Well some news!? Good or not I don't know but sky news is back on! That was some outage, but don't expect to hear anything from sky!!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback