We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lost photos ? from picasa

firebirdb

Likes # 0

I inadvertently erased a whole file of photos from "Picasa", can they be retrieved ?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Possibly, try this direct download,

http://www.rcc-ltd.co.uk/CampicRestor.zip

Before running it, make a new folder on your desktop and then before actually starting the program, browse within the program to your New folder. The recovered pics will then be easy to find in that folder.

You can even open that folder while the pics are being recovered to watch the progress, also if you click on Cancel to stop the process, pics recovered up to that point will still be in the new folder.

Like this post
firebirdb

Likes # 0

sorry to say that was no help at all, it downloaded every image in my PC from the smallest advert upwards of 10,000 pics which I had to delete ! The photos I wanted to rescue, were not amongst them......back to the drawing board ! perhaps there is a program that is more selective ?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

As CampicRestor did not find the pics, then I am afraid that IMHO they are totally lost - though I hope someone else can tell you different. I am sorry it did not work for you.

Only other thing I can think of is to try a System Restore back to before you deleted the pics.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

The first thing to know is that Picasa does not actually store images it is simply a location and ssimple adjustment program.

The images are in your machine somewhere - even if 'Deleted'[Delete simply means the boot record reference is switched off - the file is still there - as naughty people who 'Delete' files find to their cost} So this is what you do.

Try 1

Go to Start/Search/ and in the field type the following

*.JPG That is star[shift-8]dot JPG

Every JPEG on file no matter where will come up.

Try two

Download the following program PCInspector by Konvar

Install it ans set it to work finding all files including 'deleted' ones.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes