We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fresh install-now need drivers- Is it this simple?

bob dob
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, i've just done a fresh install of xp, installed sp2 and sp3 and now need to get the sound working. I have installed SIW and it tells me that the computer is a Packard Bell, Product name: imedia 1559, Version: pb34316701, serial number: 119629440309

Is this the info i need to locate the necessary drivers please? (i've never done it before you see)

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi again, Im afraid after my fresh install i am strugling with the audio drivers again. Unfortunately the drivers you mentioned, reptep888, are not the ones i need. The motherboard is NEC computers international Model- GA-8TRC410M-NF

Do i need to post the cpu information too please? Apologies for this.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Realtek sound? Nec do not have drivers on their site try here

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

As usual, you are wonderful Fruit Bat, thank you so very very much!!

However, im still getting the error message on start up but that's another thread....i'll close this now!!

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

What the hell? How do i mark this as completed?

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Just click on one of the ticks on the right of any of the posts

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow