We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No sound on tv from PC Speakers

leeknight67

Likes # 0

Hello all, Ive been trying to get sound on my tv from my pc speakers to no avail. I have perfect picture via a HDMI cable. But my 3.5mm cable that goes from the speakers to the PC/DVI Audio in on my samsung LE40B530P7WXXU isnt working. Im not sure what else to try. Below are a few specs for my pc

Windows xp Nvidea Geforce 8800GT

Much thanks in advance for any advice.

Lee

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You need to go into the device manager Sounds and Auio HDMI and enable sound through the HDMI

Like this post
leeknight67

Likes # 0

Thanks for the quick reply. There isnt an option for that in my device manager.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Have a look at your Sound card properties Sounds and Audio they will be an Audio tab, Set the Sound Playback Default device to HDMI

Like this post
leeknight67

Likes # 0

There is no option for this. not sure if running windows xp has anything to do with it?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer