We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

samsung tv and samsung bdd5500 smart hub player

Damarc

Likes # 0

I quite fancy one of these BDD5500s as it states that you can get BBC I-player and others through it. However it says that it's wifi ready and that you can buy a wifi dongle for about £45. With Sky my free broadband only allows me 2gbs of download a month which is normally ok for me but -player etc., uses up too much so I don't want to use my Sky broadband wifi for this player.

I don't really understand how a Samsung wifi dongle works as far as subscriptions are concerned. Is a one off purchase sufficient or is there a monthly subscription required to some provider?

Thirdly does a 3d blue ray player work fine with an ordinary HD Samsung TV?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

A wifi dongle gets its data from a wireless network. You have to pay at some sites eg hotels to get access to their network. In the home it would be free. I don't think that there would be a subscription otherwise. But I note your download limit and I think that it would be using your Sky broadband.

No idea about the 3D. Suggest you enquire in a showroom.

ps 3G dongles have a subscription.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad