We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Would this setup work?

morse_25

Likes # 0

I am looking to use these parts together but I am unsure whether it is possible or not. I already have a case, PSU, audio card and wireless card. The parts are: Asus M4A87TD EVO 870 Socket AM3 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3 GHz Socket AM3 6MB Cache MSI GeForce GTX 560TI Twin FrozR II

But I would like to have two of the GPU's in sli but I am unsure if it is possible or not with the motherboard, and if not could an alternative be recommended.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

The Nvidia card should work on that motherboard singly but the board only supports ATI gx cards in crossfire so if you want SLI then you may need an AMD socket with Nvidia chipset. (there are people running Nvidia cards on ATI mobo but why ask for trouble)

You can get a mobo like this one click here instead if you want to run SLI.

Like this post
morse_25

Likes # 0

Thank you that is a lot of help. But on the motherboard is the one for about £70 like that but with usb3? As I do copy a lot of data from external hard drives. Thank you for the help though.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

"But on the motherboard is the one for about £70 like that but with usb3? "

Not one with Nvidia chipset and in that price range, the alternatives is changing your GX cards from Nvidia to ATI an retain the same motherboard & run Crossfire instead of SLI.

ATI 6870 click here

ATI 6950 (performs slightly better than GTX 560ti) click here

You didn't say what PSU you got but please make sure it can handle 2 cards.

Like this post
morse_25

Likes # 0

That's a shame as I really like the nvidia physics on there gpu's. And yes my psu is 8000w from my current pc. I guess I will have to choose between the gpu and motherboard.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015