We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Convert Printer to Wireless

audeal

Likes # 0

Is it possible to convert a USB Printer to run Wirelessly.

I have just moved to another part of the country and my printer is now further away from my computer and I would rather not have cables running all over the place.

I have an HP Photosmart C5180 all in one printer with a CISS connected and do not want to replace it. I have been told this is not possible and would like to confirm this.

Thank you for any response you may give.

Audeal

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There are wireless kits for some HP printers, but what is available do not come cheap, compared to printers with a wireless facility already installed, with a new full warranty provided for the complete unit.

You could check eBay for an idea as to what is on offer. I have just used 'hp wireless kit' in the eBay search box and it came up with a few solutions.

I have the Photosmart C3180, and I wouldn't think of converting that because HP regard that and perhaps the C5180 as now both obsolete!.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nbsbssi3_21?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=print+server+wireless&sprefix=print+server+wireless

Check reviews/research before any purchase, I dunno how good these things are.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Bloody links.

amazon search = print server wireless

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

Your link

click here

Like this post
audeal

Likes # 0

Many thanks for your replies. The Amazon Link has shown me the way and I will be looking into that link when I return from holliday next week.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The Easy Way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002LB8XFK/ref=dptopcmcracr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Copy and Paste the Address to your Web Browser Address Bar then Press Enter. Reviews on Site for the above

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger