We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 CD rom drives but will not recognise blank disks

Chrissib

Likes # 0

Hi,

I want to copy media to CD-R disks, and it use to work on my PC. I have 2 physical CDROM drives on my PC... G: Pioneer DVD RW DVR-109 and H: IDE DVD-ROM16X

both of which will play CDs ok, but I have tried several disks in both drives, from different makes, and 2 different software packages, and none of them are recognised.

It used to work fine, but I also appear to have other CD drives listed in hardware which are not in the PC.. K: Obvious DVD-ROM Magic 62 SCSI CdRom device L: VDRV DVD-ROM DVDR F52 SCSI CdRom device M: VBE HH DVD-ROM DVD 50D SCSI CdRom device

Can anyone suggest what has happened. I dont believe both drives have gone faulty, as they both play pre-recorded disks fine.

Is there some sort of basic test I can use to verify the drives are not faulty.

Regards Chrissib

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Medion PC?

Both my DVD RW and DVD ROM failed at the same time in my 8386

Check cables are fully pushed home at drive and motherboard ends

also try an uninstall and reinstall of the drivers in device manager.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite