We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is your tesco mail so slow it's almost going backwards?

Debe

Likes # 0

I use Tesco mail online. Today it seems to have slowed up to such an extent that I can do very little with it. Is it just me ? I don't seem to have a problem with any other web pages. Thanks

Like this post
xtoph16

Likes # 1

I think we are all victims of Tesco's 'too big to care' approach. It would take them very little time or effort to publish something on their web-site explaining the issues around their mail service. To 'lose' saved folders and address books is the height of poor management and to offer nothing by way of explanation rude in the extreme.

While I appreciate that work is still being undertaken in an effort to rectify the situation (if the date/time on the service status report is anything to go by) Tesco could earn themselves a few Brownie points by offering a decent apology for the inconvenience caused.

I had cause to remonstrate with them last year when they abandoned their Voip service with minimal notice and didn't allow users to keep their original numbers. When I emailed them for an explanation as to why I didn't even get a pro-forma response. As I said TOO BIG TO CARE!

Like this post
HR1234

Likes # 0

I have been so frustrated by tesco' failure to reply to my request to restore my email /address book since i encounter the problem on the 5th Aug and feel so helpless to get them to put back what they have deleted some of which are critical to me. How can i get them to respond?

Like this post
TheBigBloke

Likes # 0

Yes, It's terrible at present

Like this post
Andiej

Likes # 0

I'm getting really fed up with it, it takes about 5 minutes or more just to delete a message, we've been using it for years and never had a problem with it but this is ridiculously frustrating!

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

I thought it was just me! I have had it for years and it has been great but now it is so slow I'm thinking about ditching it :(

Like this post
Andiej

Likes # 0

Ironically, I've just been on it again and it was fine, long may it last!!!!!

Like this post
Andiej

Likes # 0

I can't get onto it at all tonight, keeps saying there's an unreturned error and to ret again later which I have done several times. I'm so glad I don't use this e-mail address for work as I'd be stuffed if I did! I have a horrible feeling tesco.net may not be going for much longer :(

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

Andiej same for me, still can't get in this morning and have so much I need in there Oh help!

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

Just checked on Tesco website and mail has a red dot for DOWN :(

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

E-mail status Below is a description of the service status of the E-mail service.

Serious fault or a service is down.

Title Date/Time Details E Mail and Webmail 01/08/11 @ 12:16 Tesco Internet customers may be experiencing intermittent problems accessing their E Mail. Please accept our apologies and retry accessing later, as the fault causing these issues is currently under investigation. Customers may also be seeing a delay in receiving some mails sent since Monday 01/08. Tesco Internet apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more