We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is your tesco mail so slow it's almost going backwards?

Debe

Likes # 0

I use Tesco mail online. Today it seems to have slowed up to such an extent that I can do very little with it. Is it just me ? I don't seem to have a problem with any other web pages. Thanks

Like this post
Tesconomore

Likes # 0

I'm having the same problems as VladimirK - all my e-mails have disappeared and I have had no response from Tesco support despite 3 e-mails over 3 days and a very long time on hold on the telephone support line which I gave up on when I needed to get to bed!! I have lost many important messages which aren't backed up anywhere else so need to get these back urgently. I'm also concerned that there may be personal data which I have no idea of the whereabouts. Any suggestions on who I should report this to in order to get some action from Tesco?

Like this post
midzbike

Likes # 0

I've used Tesco for years & always been pleased by it's reliability. Unfortunately, I wonder whether they've decided to "re-align" their priorities(!). I've set up a new service & got my Tesco to automatically forward to it & delete when it's gone (just to keep things tidy). If anyone else tries it, don't set the delete option until you're happy that it's forwarding properly. Next job is to recover my address book!

Like this post
Karakorum

Likes # 0

Previously two of my five Tesco email accounts were down but now they're ALL unobtainable. Rang their Service Announcement Line on 0800 519 2345 but just says they've been having problems since Aug 1st and engineers are working on it. Must be quite some fault that has lasted for a week so far. Wonder if it's a Denial of Service attack or something?

Like this post
Karakorum

Likes # 0

Just tried emails again and now seem to be connecting ok. Problem appears to be resolved (for now).

Like this post
Tesconomore

Likes # 0

Still no reply from tescosupport and haven't got my e-mails back!

Like this post
Karakorum

Likes # 0

Spoke too soon - They're all off again blast it.

Like this post
xtoph16

Likes # 1

I think we are all victims of Tesco's 'too big to care' approach. It would take them very little time or effort to publish something on their web-site explaining the issues around their mail service. To 'lose' saved folders and address books is the height of poor management and to offer nothing by way of explanation rude in the extreme.

While I appreciate that work is still being undertaken in an effort to rectify the situation (if the date/time on the service status report is anything to go by) Tesco could earn themselves a few Brownie points by offering a decent apology for the inconvenience caused.

I had cause to remonstrate with them last year when they abandoned their Voip service with minimal notice and didn't allow users to keep their original numbers. When I emailed them for an explanation as to why I didn't even get a pro-forma response. As I said TOO BIG TO CARE!

Like this post
HR1234

Likes # 0

I have been so frustrated by tesco' failure to reply to my request to restore my email /address book since i encounter the problem on the 5th Aug and feel so helpless to get them to put back what they have deleted some of which are critical to me. How can i get them to respond?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 release date, new features and compatibility: Free to download from 6pm

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?