We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is your tesco mail so slow it's almost going backwards?

Debe

Likes # 0

I use Tesco mail online. Today it seems to have slowed up to such an extent that I can do very little with it. Is it just me ? I don't seem to have a problem with any other web pages. Thanks

Like this post
TheBigBloke

Likes # 0

Yes, It's terrible at present

Like this post
Andiej

Likes # 0

I'm getting really fed up with it, it takes about 5 minutes or more just to delete a message, we've been using it for years and never had a problem with it but this is ridiculously frustrating!

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

I thought it was just me! I have had it for years and it has been great but now it is so slow I'm thinking about ditching it :(

Like this post
Andiej

Likes # 0

Ironically, I've just been on it again and it was fine, long may it last!!!!!

Like this post
Andiej

Likes # 0

I can't get onto it at all tonight, keeps saying there's an unreturned error and to ret again later which I have done several times. I'm so glad I don't use this e-mail address for work as I'd be stuffed if I did! I have a horrible feeling tesco.net may not be going for much longer :(

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

Andiej same for me, still can't get in this morning and have so much I need in there Oh help!

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

Just checked on Tesco website and mail has a red dot for DOWN :(

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

E-mail status Below is a description of the service status of the E-mail service.

Serious fault or a service is down.

Title Date/Time Details E Mail and Webmail 01/08/11 @ 12:16 Tesco Internet customers may be experiencing intermittent problems accessing their E Mail. Please accept our apologies and retry accessing later, as the fault causing these issues is currently under investigation. Customers may also be seeing a delay in receiving some mails sent since Monday 01/08. Tesco Internet apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Like this post
VladimirK

Likes # 0

I noticed this too.

Only I've had a additional layer of trouble now. I was getting the same as you guys but yesterday I got back in and all my mail and folders had been deleted. It's irritating to think of some of the stuff I had in there but now it's gone and I can't even find anything else about why. I had the really important backed up but then I had stuff about various preorders for stuff and that sort of thing. This is literally the only place I've found it mentioned so far.

Plus currently it seems to be completely dead, so I've actually just started changing everything I was registered with the Tesco e-mail to a more current e-mail. Don't know why I've not done it sooner, not used Tesco for my internet in years plus it's an awful mail service anyway.

Like this post
Green54

Likes # 0

I am also experencing slow email, it's almost like a blockage.

I contacted Tesco.net by phone for technical help & there is a recorded message saying that they have had some serious issues with the system since Aug 1st. They are aware & have engineers working on it.

Just a shame they don't post something on their website.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...