We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to print via wireless hp 3050

ray27

Likes # 0

My daughter has just got a new Dell laptop, Hp DeskJet 3050 all in one printer, and BT broadband.

Everything is ok except that we cannot get the printer to print via the wireless option.

The printer is telling us that the wireless connection is ok, the blue wireless light is on steady but when we try to print from Word it doesn’t print. It prints ok via the USB connection.

We spent some time with the help desk at PC World where we purchased the items from and they say that the printer is fine and has the correct IP Address and the problem is with the BT Hub, which is a BT Home hub 3.

After some time with BT help desk they said the problems are with the printer and to go back to PC World.

Can anyone suggest a cure for this problem before we go back to PC World Many thanks for any help

Like this post
c4rm0

Likes # 0

Have you allowed Printer sharing through on your windows Firewall ? can you print out a wireless test report page and post the results please?

can you get to the web interface of the printer from within Internet Explorer eg if your printer has a ip endind in .2 http:\192.168.0.2 ?

Like this post
ray27

Likes # 0

Thanks for the help but unfortunately my daughter lives some way away so I cant do as you ask. We paid PC World to set up the laptop and printer.

AS I said we spoke to PC World via the telephone and they guided us thro the process of configuring the printer to enable wireless printing. When we first tried the printer just showed a flashing blue light on the wireless indicator panel but now it is a steady blue light

Like this post
c4rm0

Likes # 0

PC world techies are absolutely awful. I have the exact same model printer and print to it Wirelessly via my Ipad, Iphone and all my laptops if you need to know anything just ask but ideally you would need to be in front of the printer

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features