We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lowercase v Uppercase in EXCEL

Tulips

Likes # 0

Is there a way in Excel where, if I've typed in Uppercase, I can automatically change it to Lowercase?

Thanks.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Tulips

This was from the Help system in my copy of Excel 2007. (Search Auto Change Case).

Excel Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options at the bottom of the window. Click Proofing. Click the AutoCorrect Options button. On the AutoCorrect tab, select or clear any of the following check boxes: Correct TWo INitial CApitals Capitalize first letter of sentences Capitalize names of days Correct accidental use of cAPS LOCK key

TonyV

Like this post
Tulips

Likes # 0

Thanks TonyV for such a quick response.

However, I should have mentioned that I have Office 2003 and I suspect that you are replying based on 2007 or 2010. Would you know if this functionality is there in 2003 somewhere?

Thanks again.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Tulips

No I don't know what happens in the 2003 version, but if you get up the Help system in Excel that you have and type in "Auto Change case", and see what comes up. Alternatively, Google it and see what happens.

Sorry I cannot be of any other help to you, but hope you manage to get it sorted.

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

You could try here

Look here

TonyV

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Try ASAP Utilities ASAP Download Page and their free version for Home & Student. Works with Excel from 2000 on. In the text section you can do almost anything such as change case, Capitalise first letter in a cell, capitalise first letter of each word etc. Has saved me hours of work tidying up spreadsheets.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...