We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC not recognising some DVDs

Trikie

Likes # 0

I've used Serif MoviePlus to edit camcorder videos onto DVDs. These play on both the PC and separate DVD players.

I have also used a Toshiba VHS/DVD player-recorder to transfer older vdeos from VHS to DVD. These play on the separate DVD players but the PC does not recognise them. They have all been finalised - is there anything else I can do as I want to re-edit them using something better than the linear editor that I used to produce the VHS tapes.

I appreciate the quality will be less than perfect but they have a lot of family history on them.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Think you have recorded in VR mode as opposed to dvd video check your tosh's manual and settings. You may be able to extract for free using Isobuster http://www.smart-projects.net/cdrecovery.php

If not google playing VR on the pc there will be other stuff out there . Next time make a dvd video Ha!

Like this post
Trikie

Likes # 0

Thanks eedcam. Once I've got this old VHS (actually S-VHS) into the PC and re-edited them I will use the the PC to make the final DVD.

Unfortunately since copying them via the Toshiba the S-VHS player has expired so all I've got now is the VR disk.

I've bought Pinnacle MovieBox which should transfer VR to PC but am having problems with that. It's the subject of a thread on the Pinnacle forum.

Where would we be without forums??

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...