We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acronis True Image Question

ventanas

Likes # 0

Currently using TI2010 with Win7 and have been offered the upgrade to TI2011 for £14.95 which seems generous.

Just wondered if anyone had any opinions of 2011 as I don't have a problem with TI2010. Basically is it worthwhile?

Thanks

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I gave up on buying Acronis after 2009, I felt it was becoming a little bloated for my needs, plus there always seems to be the constant stream of emails encouraging me to upgrade. I have been using Easeus Todo Backup which serves my needs.

To answer your question though,if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

All that want from Acronis is to backup and restore a disk image,and so long as it can be relied upon to do that I will not pay for new versions which just add a load of bells and whistles which I do not require.

Having said that,my version of Acronis does not support W7 so rather than buy the latest version I tried Paragon's Backup and Recovery (free) which works just as well.

As well as gengiscant's suggestion you can also add Macrium Reflect as a third alternative and all are free.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

I'm still using True Image v11 which works fine with Windows 7, although I'm actually moving over to using the free version of Macrium Reflect.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

cocteau48# It may not support it in windows but it will still work and create images etc if you boot with the CD in the drive

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

cocteau48# It may not support it in windows but it will still work and create images etc if you boot with the CD in the drive

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

woodchip

Thanks for that I'll keep it in mind.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Agree, I did buy ATI2009 but hate it and have stuck with True Image 11 which works perfectly in Win 7.

Another tip, instead of using the CD, create an ISO from the media builder and use EasyBCD to add the ISO to your boot menu, much quicker than loading from CD I find.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers