We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook Express 6 logon to server problem

Sdbluck

Likes # 0

Running Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP, I am now presented with a logon screen, displaying username (email address) and password pre-filled, the Remember Password box having been checked. When I click on OK, the box is simply re-displayed and I can progress no further. If I delete the password and re-enter it, the same thing happens. I have also tried deleting and recreating the email account to no avail, with or without checking the Remember Password box.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

How long has this been going on? If only for a short time, it could be a temporary problem with the mail provider's authentication server. Can you get in via their web-based mail system?

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

I had this many moons ago and in desperation changed to MS Outlook since when I have rarely had the same problem. mgmcc suggestion is good, though and you could check on the ISP site to see if they have any reported problems.

Like this post
Sdbluck

Likes # 0

I contacted the ISP (Sky) who recommended deleting and recreating the mail account in OE. Fortunately, I can still access emails via their website. The problem first occurred about 10 days ago.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen