We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wmp won't start up.

elbecko

Likes # 0

the wmp used to start up and play any cd i put in the drive, but now its not doing that at all. is their a way to change this?

Like this post
elbecko

Likes # 0

first up, thanks for trying to help me.

whenever i select wmp as default, i'll click ok, however when i go and check up, it has reverted to 'use my current media player.

as for the autoplay tab. i'll change it to a specific media player but the cds i insert still doesn't get recognized. i tried changing 'music files' to 'music cd' but that too keeps reverting back.

one thing i have just noticed is in the general tab.

where it says available space and used space of the cd drive, it is coloured all blue, meaning there is no space on it. i'm sure it wasn't like that earlier. i'm pretty sure it was pink and blue with the huge majority being pink, for available space. maybe i'm imagining it???

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In Set Program Access and Defaults select Microsoft windows and dot the radio button. The list should show WMP. Click ok. Back to the Autoplay tab and select 'restore defaults'. The blue space on the empty optical drive is normal.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If that fails have a look at line 234 right hand side ,AutoPlay Repair Tool.

Like this post
elbecko

Likes # 0

i am an atheist. however if i weren't, i'd clain YOU were god!!! it is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i used that repair tool, restarted the pc, and da-da!

i've never seen or heard of that regedits page before, hopefully i may be able to use it in the future too.

thanks very, very much rdave13. thanks for bothering. i was actually getting embarrassed having to report the lack of success and the stupid questions i asked at times.

cheers!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers