We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email attachment

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Sometimes, having typed up an email, I decide to send an attachment with it. But the attachment always opens in a new message page. How can I attach a document to an already prepared email - or do you always have to attach first, then type the message?

I use Outlook 2010 and OE

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's unusual to use both Outlook and OE. Most chose one or the other. I have never had a new message page open. Are you clicking on the file and then send as attachment? You can type the message and then add the attachment see Outlook 2010 and scroll down and for OE How to add an attachment

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell - I can see how it's done now!

As for using both Outlook2010 and OE - I would be quite happy just to use Outlook 2010 - but I can't seem to disable OE. It keeps asking if I want it to be my default email, and if I click "no", it just keeps on going!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Set up your default e-mail client through IE.

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell - - will do!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good